How would you rate yourself?
· Professional in Appearance
§ Referee Shirt
§ Not sloppy dressed
§ Red/Yellow Cards
§ No Drinks on field during game.
· Blow the whistle and make calls with Authority
· Keep moving about the field of play with the ball
· Demonstrate your knowledge of the rules of the game
· Maintain control of game play. You are the authority figure in the game
· Do you instruct the younger Division 1 & 3 or make calls and expect people to know what the call is.
Start and end the games on time. Start the clock even if the teams are not ready. Reduce the time of the game if necessary to make sure the next game starts on time.
Shin guards must be worn under the socks. Players are not permitted on the field without them.
Consult our Rules Regulations for division specific rulings. They vary by division and
Treat all players, parents and coaches with respect. Yelling at a coach parent, or player is not acceptable referee behavior. If you have a problem with a parent, Yellow Card the coach by bringing the yellow card out pointing to the parent and handing to the coach.
All referee decisions on the field are final! Do Not change your decision. Do not be influenced by coaches or board members.
Please study the rules for each division prior to that game. They change by division.